Our Church History
By the grace of God, Rose Hill Baptist Church has a long history of service to the Lord.
In 1876 Rose Hill Baptist Church was established by Pastor George Long III in a small one-room log building with an earthen floor. Logs, split in half, formed the pews and altar. The original building was just a few hundred yards west of our present church building and was later sold for $17.00 after a new church was built.
Pastor George Long III deeded a half acre of land to the church in 1886. This land was covered with colorful wild roses. When the new church was built in 1897, it was named Rose Hill. The sanctuary of our church is that building.
In 1988, under the pastorship of Brother Pete Wardlow, an Activities Building was completed. The kitchen, dining facilities, gym and classrooms were added.
We are proud of our heritage and praise God for His blessings and leadership.
Pastor Tom McClain has been pastor of Rose Hill since July 2017. God is richly blessing and we give the Lord the praise for all that He is doing in our midst. Please come join us at Rose Hill Baptist Church!
On January 27, 2019, Preston and Madi Blake joined the ministry team at Rose Hill Baptist Church and are serving as youth leaders. We are so happy to have them and look forward to the benefit of God's blessing through their work.