Statement of Faith
What We Believe ...
1. We believe in the verbal inspiration and preservation of both the Old and New Testament of the Word of God. (Psalm 12:6-7, II Timothy 3:16-17, 1 Peter 1:24-25, II Peter 1:21)
2. We believe the word of God is preserved in the authorized King James Version.
3. We believe there is one God eternally existent in the Trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (John 1:1, I Timothy 3:16, I John 5:7, I John 5:20)
4. We believe Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, ascended into Heaven, and will return in physical form to earth in power and great glory. (Genesis 3:16, Isaiah 7:14, Hebrews 4:15, John 14:1-3, Matthew 28:6-7, Acts 1:9-11)
5. We believe in salvation only through the atoning death and shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross and that it is available to all who will accept it by faith. (1 Corinthians 15:1-6, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8)
6. We believe in the active role of the Holy Spirit in the believer's life beginning with salvation: regeneration, baptism,indwelling, sealing, teaching, and enabling. (Luke 11:13, Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 4:30, Romans 8:14,16, 26-27)
7. We believe in water baptism by immersion and that it is symbolic of the new Christians death, burial, and resurrection to self. Water baptism does NOT save. This act identifies a believer with Jesus Christ. (Romans 61-5)
8. We believe the Church is the body of believers in Christ united through the Holy Spirit, with the Lord as its head. (Ephesians 5:21-23, I Corinthians 12:12, Ephesians 1:22-23)
9. We believe the participation of the Lord's Supper is an individual choice and is open to all believers. (I Corinthians 11:17-34, Luke 22:19-20, Matthew 26:26-29)
10. We believe the Church does not stand in judgment of individuals, but that God is the creator and final judge of all. (Matthew 7:1, Genesis 1:1, Romans 14:9-12)